CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

part 2- project/presentation



Now that I am finished with my research paper, it is time to move on to the project and presentation. For my presentation, I came up with a good idea for the class activity. Since my research paper was on how fairy tales can be modern I am going to break the class up into groups. Each group will receive a fairy tale character, that I'm assuming everyone will know, and they will have to modernize them. The list so far includes Cinderella, Thumbelina, The Ugly Duckling, and The Emperor (from The Emperor's New Clothes).
As for my project, I haven't decide yet if I am going to make my own modern fairy tale or modernize an existing fairy tale. Right now, I am leaning towards modernizing an existing fairy tale, because this project is going to take a lot of time, and if there is already a plot, it will make things a little easier. The stories that I may modernize are Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling or The Brothers Grimm's Rapunzel. I am going to illustrate the book with my own photos. This week I will be focusing on writing my book. I am going to create a storyboard, so when I have the opportunity (and the people willing to pose for the pictures) I know exactly what I am going to take pictures of. While I am writing my story, I will need to keep a list of props, clothing, and places to go along with my story, so that I am ready. Hopefully I will have enough of my story down to begin to take some pictures over the long weekend.

0 comments: